Celebrating Five years

PAYANIGA - Prashanth

April 2006, that was when I wrote the first post on Payaniga – about my first ever bike ride to Shivanasamudra. When I published that ride log, I never thought that one day ride would take me on a such a long journey.

On this long journey, I got to know many like minded people, met some wonderful people, had a chance to travel with them, got inspired by them. And not to forget the readers who have supported all along. I am thankful to all you wonderful people out there.

To mark this milestone, I will publishing five guest posts in the week. Read along the stories by fellow travellers which will follow. (I can imagine how these five guys are cursing me for all the pestering I did to get these articles).

And on a side note, along with writing here in English I have started Kannada version of Payaniga too. In case if you know Kannada and like to read the travelogues in Kannada, head over here.

Update: Here are the guest posts –

Follow PAYANIGA on Facebook | Twitter to keep yourselves updated.

You may also like...

16 Responses

1. Fabulous18 says:

hey, that’s real nice. congrats. the photographs are amazing :)

2. manoj says:

Congratulations! :)

3. sandeep says:

hearty congratulations prashanth. totally enjoying the guest posts :)

4. Rajesh Naik says:

The name payaniga is so charming, even those who cant understand kannada would get along with. Registering it has ever crossed your mind?

Payaniga is one of the regular blogs I visit. Crisp and sharp narration laced with outstanding photographs taken from angles only Payaniga can see and visualise have always marveled me.

The journey from ‘Shivanasamudra’ to here has been a grand visual and information fest to readers like me. It is not just the information and photos, but the care that Prashanth takes to make ‘Payaniga’ look neat and attractive is what I appreciate.

More than blog payaniga it is now brand payaniga!

Wishing you many more years of safe traveling and happy blogging.

5. Teamgsquare says:

Congrats ! one of my inspiration for starting up a blog . I for first time visited your blog when i was sreaching on Mandharagiri . Since then have been regular visitor for last two years . Kannada blog is cool .

6. Nisha says:

Congratulations. Five years is a long time. And writing in Kannada is cool.

7. Abishek says:

Congrats maga… good going…

8. Congratulations!! and yes…. waiting for the guest posts :)