10 Years – 10 Wanderings
One of the most common question I get and equally difficult to answer is – ‘Which one is your favorite destination or trip so far?’. Now that we are just past the ‘Tenth year mark’, here is a listicle of ten of my memorable trips – it was indeed a difficult task to shortlist these ten.
- Motorbike ride to Goa: My first ever multi-day bike trip that set the tone for many more bike trips that followed. The longest trip that I rode covering close to 1500 KMs in 4 days.
- A crazy attempt to conquer Kumara Parvatha: And till date this is the only trek I had to return without completing. And still I’m yet to trek KP.
- A call from the Kumoan hills: My first ever visit to Uttarakhand and an unforgettable dip in the cold waters of river Kosi
- A road trip across the UK – from Swindon to Scotland and back: And we searched for Nessie monster in vain.
- Waltz in Wayanad: The one which initiated many of those cycling expeditions.
- The taste of snow storm: What was supposed to be a fun funicular train ride turned out an adventurous trip in snow filled Cairngorms Mountain.
- An unplanned road trip crisscrossing Karnataka: Completely unplanned trip with only plan to reach Goa and return after a night’s stay took us to Gudavi during our journey.
- Mist, Mountains and Mandalapatti: Another adventure out on the cycle exploring the mountains of Madikeri in monsoon.
- Back in the Sharavathi valley: But this time on a cycle and a completely unsupported three-day ride.
- To the Arabian sea: A lazy, fun-filled vacation with the family on the sea-side.