Update: I’ve created a page to track/update my progress on this bucket list. All further updates will be done here – India Travel Bucket List page.
Recently while talking to fellow travel enthusiasts and discussing some memorable trips done and the ones in to-do list, I realized that I had not prepared a proper travel bucket list. Though I have a long list of places to visit (that too lying around in multiple places), I thought of prioritizing and making a travel bucket list specific to India. I’m limiting myself to the boundaries of India and not thinking about ROW list at the moment. Here goes my list – some of them very simple, few added in a whim and a few of them are clichéd.
The list is pretty short and bound to grow as and when I get to know about interesting places around India. Drop me a line if you have any interesting places or things to do in India.
- Southern triangle motorbike ride – Bangalore – Chennai – Kanyakumari – Mangalore – Bangalore
- Cycling – Go on a month-long (at least) bike ride
- Visit all 29 World Heritage Sites in India recognized UNESCO – 1 down 28 to go
- The Hoysala trail – explore the Hoysala temples
- Backpack at least for a couple of weeks exploring Karnataka
- Go on desert trek in Rajasthan
- Participate in Tiger/Elephant census
- Volunteer travel
- Summit a 6000m peak
- River rafting
- Visit all 29 states and 7 Union territories of India – 7 & 1 done respectively
- Visit at least 3 interesting places in each of 30 districts of Karnataka
- Zero travel for 15 days/a month – Start with 0 money. Earn, beg, barrow enroute
- Visit top 10 highest waterfalls of India
- Visit Lonar crater lake
- Go on a beach trek
- Visit the 4 extreme points of India
- Traverse along the river Kaveri, from source to the river mouth
Just to clarify, this is not the complete list of places that I would like to visit, but a short list of “must” do/go within India. Help me out extending this list. 🙂
I’ve created a page to track/update my progress on this bucket list. For all further updates, head over here – India Travel Bucket List
Last updated on: 01-Dec-2014